Tuesday 3 February 2009

Punked Up

Q: When does a rug become a work of art? 

A: When it's been created by one of most successful and revered fashion designers of our time. 

I love this rug, it's by Vivienne Westwood for The Rug Company

But hang on a minute,  imagine what someone would think if you told them you'd just bought a Union Jack rug. 

Personally, if someone told me that, I'd imagine brash, bold, full-on colour and would be slightly concerned. But if they told me, they'd bought this rug, now that would be a different matter. 

I adore its faded glamour, the way it looks almost like a watercolour canvass. 

Sadly, I don't have the pennies for it at the moment but it's definitely going on my wish list, with all the cushions and chairs

Wow, that wish list is fast resembling a wish book...


No comments:

Post a Comment